John H[_2_] John H[_2_] is offline

Default Barbecue Grill Advice - Could Be On Topic

On Sun, 23 Jun 2013 11:43:33 -0400, wrote:

On Sun, 23 Jun 2013 07:34:51 -0400, John H
wrote:

My smoker is electric, so I never get flames - just smoldering. I got rid of the charcoal smoker
many years ago. Too much trouble when smoking a turkey.

John H.

I have a Brinkman electric smoker (one of 3 we got for free from
Gander Mountain) but the burner is way too hot. I ended up using a
control from a stove burner to tame it a bit. Now I can really slow
cook things.

The thermometer on the Brinkman shows the temp right close to the red zone. I've got another
thermometer, but have not installed it yet. How did you do the stove control?

John (Gun Nut) H.
--

Hope you're having a great day!