John H[_2_] John H[_2_] is offline

Default Barbecue Grill Advice - Could Be On Topic

On Sat, 22 Jun 2013 01:20:16 -0400, wrote:

On Fri, 21 Jun 2013 20:55:16 -0400, Earl wrote:

wrote:

In a gas grill, dry chips just burst into flames.

I never tried oak. I did get a bag of mesquite and that is not a
flavor I am trying to achieve. Some around here say buttonwood and
orange are good but I haven't tried that either.

You can't smoke properly in a gas grill. I have one, but I also have a
dedicated smoker - the Weber Smokey Mountain (WSM), as well as a Weber
kettle grill. I use the gas grill most often for steaks, burgers,
chicken, and brats. I prefer the kettle when I have more time. The
WSM is for smoking only. I also never use briquettes of any kind - real
lump charcoal without the fillers and other crap.

Check out this site for smoking info:

http://virtualweberbullet.com/

I have a real smoker but that is not really convenient for day to day
cooking.

You're right about that. The Brinkman does the smokin', the Weber does the grillin'.

John H.
--

Hope you're having a great day!