Earl[_91_] Earl[_91_] is offline

Default Barbecue Grill Advice - Could Be On Topic

John H wrote:
On Fri, 21 Jun 2013 11:26:10 -0400, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

On 6/21/13 11:18 AM, JustWaitAFrekinMinute wrote:
On 6/21/2013 10:53 AM, wrote:
On Fri, 21 Jun 2013 06:08:51 -0400, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

Wow...you guys are really serious about grilling! I got a steal two
years ago on a huge Weber gas grill, a model that was being upgraded,
and Home Despot apparently had a lot of inventory. A kazillion pieces
and parts in a really heavy box.

Anyway, we just use it as an outdoor cooker on the deck cooker,
typically for chicken or fish and some veggies in a pan, and once in a
while for a burger or steak. We don't eat a lot of beef, so we're not
into "high level" barbecuing.

The grates are now clean, thanks to the self-cleaning oven, and the only
messy part left is the big drip pan at the bottom of the grill that
supposedly channels the goop to a tossable aluminum foil tray.
I have to clean the grill on the deck by disassembling it partially and
taking the parts inside or into the yard. I don't want a big mess on the
deck.
Mine is always such a mess when I get around to cleaning it that I
have to take it to a part of the yard away from anything I care about
I take out the grates and burners, tip it over and blast it with the
pressure cleaner. Crap goes everywhere.
The drip tray that came with it gave up the ghost a while ago so I
made a new one from 18ga galvanized. That seems to be doing OK.
Other than that the thing seems to be doing OK

Again, I am in the same boat... It's bbq for ****'s sake. It's suppose
to be down and dirty.

I figure it is dangerous enough eating barbecue without having bits and
pieces of year old food from previous grillings falling onto it. I
don't mind a "patina" of grease and whatever on the grill, though I do
like keeping the grates reasonably sanitary.

How would your bits and pieces of year old food from previous grillings fall onto your food? My bits
and pieces fall through the grate, and I don't ever put new food under the grate. In fact, I've
never even heard of that.

John H.

Give him a break. He's trying to be part of the discussion. Roll with it!