iBoaterer[_3_] iBoaterer[_3_] is offline

Default Barbecue Grill Advice - Could Be On Topic

In article ,
says...

On Fri, 21 Jun 2013 12:10:20 -0400, iBoaterer
wrote:

I figure it is dangerous enough eating barbecue without having bits and
pieces of year old food from previous grillings falling onto it. I
don't mind a "patina" of grease and whatever on the grill, though I do
like keeping the grates reasonably sanitary.

After they reach a certain temp they are sanitary.

One sixty according to the guv'mint but I get the grill hotter than
that before I ever get the food on. That is particularly true of
steaks and burgers. You want them to be assaulted by the heat to sear
in the juices.
One of my favorites lately is Mahi steaks. You really want the grill
hot for that. You want a little crust on the outside and the inside
just starting to turn opaque. They will continue to cook when you take
them off the grill so don't overdo it. Scallops and shrimp are the
same way.

Yes, fish in general.