True North[_2_] True North[_2_] is offline

Default Barbecue Grill Advice - Could Be On Topic

On Thursday, 20 June 2013 12:24:12 UTC-3, True North wrote:
On Thursday, 20 June 2013 11:31:39 UTC-3, Eisboch wrote:

We just close the top, crank up all the burners to full and wait until

it stops smoking.

Once it cools off any residue left easily brushes off.

You don't want to super clean it. A grill is like an old fashioned

cast iron frying pan. Needs to be "seasoned".

The high temperatures reached in the "cleaning mode" described above

will kill any bacteria.

This is what our instruction said and I follow them, although our BBQ has ceramic coated grill panels.

Each spring I do a proper cleaning of dismantling everything I can and scooping up all the crud that drops down to the bottom.

BTW.. I saw a program warning of brass brush particles coming loose from cleaning brushed and causing health problems for people.
I checked my brush and sure enough I could pull out the bristles where the high heat had melted the nylon brush a bit.
Might be a good idea to see if y'all can pull any bristles out of your brushes.