posted to rec.boats.building
[email protected] jfshelly@gmail.com is offline

Default What is a bugeye ketch?

I worked on the C.F. Miles,with Charlie Simpkins and Al Parker out of Little Creek in the eighties.We were crab dredging, I loved that boat.Had a lot of character, the planking was amazing,fore and aft,double ended,I remember some of the planks were over 3 or 4 feet wide,the keelson was so wide I could not step over it,and I am six two, I had to step on it to cross over it.. It had a Murphy six cylinder Diesel engine..what ever happened to it,I heard it sank in Carolina.