posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising
amdx amdx is offline

Default Anyone doing any boating ?

On 4/28/2013 8:00 PM, Eisboch wrote:

"amdx" wrote in message ...

I spend about 45 hrs a week on my boat, but I don't go anyplace.
Does that count?
Mikek

---------------------------------------

Absolutely, IMO.

Some of the most enjoyable times I had on my boat were spent in the
middle of the winter, especially during snowstorms.
I kept it in the water year round the last three years I had it. The
marina had bubblers running 24/7 in the area my boat was in. The
reverse cycle AC/Heat system supplied enough heat until the middle of
December after which I used space heaters (when aboard) plugged into 20
amp outlets that I wired into each of the four AC system supplies that
were not used again until spring. I also installed foil lined Styrofoam
insulating panels on most of the main cabin windows . The boat was
always nice and warm, even when the outside temperature was well below
freezing. The space heater in the main cabin was one of those fake
fireplaces. Had a Direct TV dish and receiver hooked up and wi-fi
from the marina office. Nice and cozy and "away" from it all.

Well, to complete the picture, I have a modified pontoon boat that is
docked in a marina. I sell seafood from the boat. That means I'm working
when I'm on the boat. I also get to walk the marina when I'm not busy.
It's on a bay in the Gulf of Mexico.
Mikek