posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising
Eisboch[_8_] Eisboch[_8_] is offline

Default Anyone doing any boating ?

"amdx" wrote in message

I spend about 45 hrs a week on my boat, but I don't go anyplace.
Does that count?
Mikek

---------------------------------------

Absolutely, IMO.

Some of the most enjoyable times I had on my boat were spent in the
middle of the winter, especially during snowstorms.
I kept it in the water year round the last three years I had it. The
marina had bubblers running 24/7 in the area my boat was in. The
reverse cycle AC/Heat system supplied enough heat until the middle of
December after which I used space heaters (when aboard) plugged into
20 amp outlets that I wired into each of the four AC system supplies
that were not used again until spring. I also installed foil lined
Styrofoam insulating panels on most of the main cabin windows . The
boat was always nice and warm, even when the outside temperature was
well below freezing. The space heater in the main cabin was one of
those fake fireplaces. Had a Direct TV dish and receiver hooked up
and wi-fi from the marina office. Nice and cozy and "away" from it
all.