Sir Gregory Hall, Esq· Sir Gregory Hall, Esq· is offline

Default Whole lotta shakin' goin' on, revisited - Part 2...

"Wayne B" wrote in message
On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 12:29:58 -0400, " Sir Gregory Hall, Esq·"
åke wrote:

It never ceases to amaze this sailor how *cruising* has
degenerated into a never-ending pursuit of a mechanic
and/or mechanical parts.

This pursuit always comes first. So, why is cruising still
called cruising?

It should be called "Systems Maintenance on the Go."

===

You should walk the walk and come on down here to the Carib. There
are serious cruisers here from all over the world in boats almost as
small as yours.

I find nothing comforting about those busy places. Give me an
out of the way anchorage where only a boat or two a week might
find their way to and I'm a lot happier. I'm thinking of going off to
the Double Breasted Shot Keys on the Cal Sal Bank one of these
days because they are uninhabited and almost unfrequented.
Perhaps spend a month or two there.

I won't find any stinking pollution machines there because there's
nothing for them there in the way of fuel and mechanics to fix
all the broken systems.

--
Sir Gregory