Wayne B Wayne B is offline

Default Whole lotta shakin' goin' on, revisited - Part 2...

On Sun, 21 Apr 2013 12:31:27 -0400, "Flying Pig"
wrote:

With that I'll leave you in Part 2 of our shakedown - a couple of
exhilarating and gratifying sails, lots more broken parts (by now, every
external rotating part on the engine has been removed and rebuilt or
replaced or both, e.g.) successfully and relatively inconsequentially
resolved, and the new feeling of being guests in our own country. We've
been exploring just as we would if we were cruising internationally, much to
our benefit and enjoyment.

===

Good report !

Exploring is all good, glad to hear that things are coming together
for you. Mechanical issues seem to be part of cruising
unfortunately. Before we left Florida last January for our Caribbean
jaunt, I asked our local generator mechanic to go over things with a
fine tooth comb and replace anything he considered suspect. Since our
once new genset now has over 4,000 hours on it (about like having
200,000 miles on a car engine), I specifically asked him about the
fresh water pump. He said not to worry about it since they hardly
ever fail in his experience. To make a long story short the fresh
water pump failed when we go to Puerto Rico, and we spent a week in a
marina (nice marina) waiting for parts. And so it goes. :-) Right
now we're waiting for a new engine part (fuel cooler heat exchanger)
to arrive back in the BVI, while we run with a jerry rigged work
around on he port engine. We'll get it installed on the way home next
month.

Thanks for the progress report and keep on cruise'n.

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0utTAiadygIUkT4LIXeoYfKADAn2Dkz os