Tim Tim is offline

Default The Trigger has been Pulled

On Apr 18, 11:06*pm, Wayne B wrote:
On Thu, 18 Apr 2013 20:27:45 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

On Apr 18, 2:01 pm, J Herring wrote:
Picked this up today at Sharpshooters, our local gun shop/range. Sharpshooters had Colts,
Remington, S&W ($1900), Para-Ordnance, and a couple other 1911's. The boss was kind enough to spend
an hour or so comparing the different makes, but the one he liked the best was the Kimber, even
though it was much less than the S&W.

Haven't fired it yet. Haven't even cleaned it yet. But, I sure like it..

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...-review-kimber....

Better picture -http://tinyurl.com/cbgdqhg

That's it. No more wondering what to do. Got a lot of help from that guy out in Illinois.

Thanks, Tim.

Salmonbait

--
Hope you're having a spectacular day!

My pleasure, John. Welcome to the world of high quality firearms. You
can already tell that the Kimber isn't a punch press,cookie-cutter
pistol. They take great care in every detail of their work.

====

I didn't know you were a Kimber fan. * Several years ago I had a
chance to shoot about 20 different handguns in one afternoon. * The
Kimbers were definitely my favorite in large caliber, center fire.

Oh yes, Wayne. I've been around them for quite some time. They're all
out of my price range, but a close friend of mine has four of five of
them.
He has a Gold Match, and a KDP,. I'm not sure what the others are, and
his wife's personal pistol is either and Ultra or a CDP. I've shot
the KDP and when you pick it up, and rack the slide, you know it's
really well-crafted stuff.

The KDP isn't a work of art, but it's great quality and a pleasure the
shoot.