Dick Evans

Default Navcenter 600

"Mike" wrote in message
news:s0HKc.127504$Oq2.93895@attbi_s52...
Dick, thanks for the tip.

Is the update available online and something I can do, or is it a trip to
the factory for the unit?

Thanks much,

Mike

.

Mike

I had to change the chip to update the software. This is how I
found a solution to the problem. Got this info from Raymarine site:

I recently bought a trade-in Raychart 620 (software version V1.01) and a new
112LP. The scale reduces over a period of time (with a beep, as if one were
doing it manually) until it reaches the smallest scale. It will then
occasionally go into a "suspend" mode where the screen goes blank but the
power is still on. I tried a different cartridge but the same problem
existed.

There was a minor anomaly with the software in an early version of the
Raychart 620 that could cause the same symptoms you describe. The software
code version is indicated in the "Copyright 1996 Raymarine" box, that
appears during boot-up. Raychart 620's fall into two categories: early units
that were simply called Raychart 620 and later units called Raychart 620+.
This is clearly indicated on the face of the unit. The latest software
version for RC620 is V5.01 and for the 620+, V2.00. If your machine
indicates any version lower than this, it should be updated by your local
dealer.

To update your Raychart 620, they would need to order part number
R38001-501, the software upgrade kit. It contains two EEPROM chips that must
be changed inside the machine. This will bring your 620 up to the latest
(and final) release build.

Dick