Gerald Atkin

Default W.H.A.M. Microphones

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 21:26:39 -0500, Tamaroak wrote:

Has anyone had any experience with this Uniden product?

Capt. Jeff

I have one and it works great. Can go about 200 feet plus from the boat and
still transmit and receive. I used to carry an external speaker in the
cockpit then dive for the hatch to respond to a call now with the WHAM
speaker I can hear and respond with no hassle. The nice thing is the WHAM
is broadcasting at 25watts versus the nomal 3-5 watt with a handheld.

The WHAM unit does have a slight difference in the quality of transmission
versus the base unit but only if you asked someone to compare transmissions
would they notice the difference.

Jerry