Doug Dotson

Default Ham Radio Licenses

$500? The GROL is free. Just a small fee to the testing center.

Doug, k3qt
s/v Callista

"Rick" wrote in message
k.net...
Larry, W4CSC wrote:

"I have a 1st Phone (now expired, dammit)
on my wall I worked very hard to get. I keep the damned GROL giveaway
hidden in a drawer, just because they say I have to have it to work on
marine radios. The old 1st Phone MEANT something to the employers and
your peers. It was a badge of accomplishment. It put you in a
fraternity of technicians with proven skills. GROL is a joke. Just
like the Volunteer Examiner ham licenses, it wouldn't surprise me if you
could buy one for $500 under the table.

By the way, the GMDSS operator and servicer tests are a pain in the
ass....(c;"

So where is this GROL license, Larry? couldn't you find the $500? The
FCC doesn't list you as having anything other than a ham license.

"I passed.... "

Passed gas maybe ... The FCC license database doesn't list your name.

What's going on, Larry? How come the FCC doesn't have you in the license
database?

Rick