J Herring J Herring is offline

Default Social Security and Libertarians

On Sun, 7 Apr 2013 18:23:16 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

"JustWaitAFrekinMinute" wrote in message

On 4/7/2013 5:08 PM, Eisboch wrote:

Harry, I've known you and your writing via rec.boats for a long
time.
Since 1995 in fact. I still get a kick out of your interpretation
of
what some people say and your stereotyping of what makes them tick.
But,
that's you.

You do understand that everything he says is an attempt to really hurt
someones feelings or cause emotional pain... Doesn't matter what the
subject is. When Tim was here he trashes his belief system, for me
it's
my kids, for you it's your money and hard work ethic... Doesn't really
matter, just look at the gun issue. He says hateful things about
anybody
else who has a gun but he of course is a model citizen... He just
wants
to hurt somebody and will turn on anybody who is still here to read
his
posts....

Nope, I don't agree. First of all, Harry has never "trashed" me for
any success I may have had in life. To the contrary, I think he
respects hard work and perseverance by anyone. I don't think he has
"trashed" Tim personally either. He may trash organized religion per
se, but that's his right. I think Harry has respect for Tim, even
though they may disagree. As for the gun issue, he has his beliefs
and frankly, I tend to agree with him. There's nothing wrong with
arguing a case.

If you notice, the only people he personally "trashes" are those who
either initiate or return the favor. Tit for Tat. You do it. I do
it sometimes, but I try not to make it mean spirited or personal. If
I can, I try to inject some humor, but not always with good results.

Overall, I've been able to carry on reasonable and civil discussions
with Harry over the years even though we quite often see things in
different ways. I have a very good friend .... a retired lawyer
.... who is so far to the left that he makes Harry sound like Barry
Goldwater. His practice consisted mostly of workmans' comp lawsuits
and in representing unions in both contract negotiations and lawsuits.
I see this lawyer friend at least twice a week and we often "get it
on" discussing politics, unions and the state of the world. In the
end, we still remain friends and often crack a few jokes about each
other's positions on things.

You just shouldn't take this stuff so seriously. It's a newsgroup
for cripe's sake.

I agree. I think Harry is an inspiration to all of us. He exudes knowledge on a tremendous range of
subjects, has had experiences most of us can only dream of, and, most enjoyably, unselfishly shares
his knowledge with us. His expertise in the areas of boats, guns, cameras, politics, judgment of
men, organized religion, generators, barn construction, computers, writing, and owls is simply
admirable.

He is to be emulated.

Salmonbait

--
'Name-calling' - the liberals' last stand.