iBoaterer[_3_] iBoaterer[_3_] is offline

Default Boat question

In article ,
says...

On Saturday, April 6, 2013 9:30:43 AM UTC-5, F.O.A.D. wrote:
On 4/6/13 10:27 AM, iBoaterer wrote:

In article ,

says...

It's time to pull the boat out of the water, bring it home for a few days, and do the spring cleaning. As always, being covered and used sparingly over the winter has left the seats with a little mildew.

Question: Does anyone have good experience with any product that will actually prevent or reduce the occurance of mold and mildew on vinyl?

Have you thought about or tried using a 12V fan hooked to a small

Northern Tool or some such solar charger so that you circulate dry air?

I've almost always pulled all the cushions, curtains, mattresses, et

cetera, out of boats being covered and stored for the winter. I clean

them off and store them in the dry basement storage room. The one time I

stored a boat with upholstery left in it over the winter, the dreaded

mildew appeared. Clorox removed the mildew but it turned some of the

upholstery a pinkish shade.

What boat(s), Krausie? The imaginary Zimerman lobster boat, the imaginary Hatteras, the imaginary e-tech powered boat, the imaginary dingy that your father crossed in the Atlantic in? Pray tell, what boat(s)?

Those boats have been mysteriously forgotten about.