Earl[_81_] Earl[_81_] is offline

Default A friend writes...

F.O.A.D. wrote:
On 4/6/13 9:52 AM, BAR wrote:
In article ,

says...

On Saturday, April 6, 2013 7:02:12 AM UTC-5, F.O.A.D. wrote:
"Is being out of your mind a job requirement for Republican
politicians?

"North Carolina wanted to violate the U.S. Constitution and
establish a

state religion, Arkansas rejected the Equal Rights Amendment, Virginia

wants to ban sodomy (which the Supreme Court permits)... and other

GOP-dominated states are just as wacky.

"I long for the good old days of Dan Quayle, when we merely had to
deal

with amusing stupidity, not dangerous lunacy."

Have nice day.

There is nothing in the US Constitution that says the States cannot
create a state religion.

The First Amendment to the Constitution rules against an establishment
of religion. The U.S. Constitution is interpreted by the Supreme Court.

In 1947, the Supremes ruled the Establishment Clause inherent in the
first amendment applied to the states, ergo, NO state religion. And
later the Supremes ruled that individual states could not promote
religion.

States cannot create a "state religion."

Why did you carefully snip this?

Dr-Dr-Dr / 4 tax liens / 2 bankruptcies