Larry W4CSC

Default Stereo equipment in boat

"David&Joan" wrote in
news:Y9NCc.638$yg.104@fed1read02:

Having had three consecutive Jensen marine CD systems fail over a three
month period, I have to say WHY BOTHER WITH MARINE STUFF. Especially from
Jensen.

David

It wasn't a "marine unit". None of them are that I know of. "Marine
units" are easily identified by the BIG ASSED WATERTIGHT SEALS, MILITARY-
STYLE sealed connectors with o-rings and watertight sealing caps, o-ring
sealing controls and buttons on the front and, most importantly.....

NO HOLES IN THE CASE ANYPLACE THAT WATER CAN GET INTO!

Having wires sticking out the back and a cheap plastic plug open to
seawater doesn't count.

Obviously, just changing the black front out for a white front DOESN'T make
it a "marine unit" by any stretch of the West Marine imagination.....(c;

Larry....

Compare it with your nice marine VHF SEALED radio....