Keith

Default Stereo equipment in boat

I would say very important. Speakers won't last long at all. I put a regular
car stereo in the pilothouse of my trawler. VERY protected from the weather,
and it still crapped out after about 18 months. I think it's just the humid
air/environment that gets to it. Probably in my case a bit of salt air, but
I'm normally in brackish water. I'd stick with marine stuff. I especially
like my Bose box speakers outside!

--

Keith
__
"somebody" wrote in message
OK - this may be a no brainer but I have to ask. Exactly how vital is it

use marine grade equipment when installing a stereo in a boat? I realize
that if water gets in the head unit it would probably fry but if I

protected
it from that somehow, could I safely install the old car stereo and

speakers
I have sitting in my closet in my fishing boat? I'm half a country away

from
any salt water so that won't be a concern. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanx!