ayosha

Default Humminbird 100sx problem

Hi,

I have a standard 100sx metric single beam unit installed in my
old GRP 28' yacht. The transducer is mounted inside the hull.

One single reliability problem:
There was a storm with a lot of hard rain. We were motoring
(10HP Diesel) home. When the rain was the hardest (and
visibility poorest and depth-meter most needed) it completely
stopped working, blank screen, no signal. It come back when
rain eased only to be lost again with the return of the rain.

Ever since no problems, but it haven't rained as hard while in
use.

I lost confidence somewhat in reliability of the unit.

Before that I had german VDO with transducer mounted on the
same spot inside the hull and never had any rain interference.
That one lasted 15 years and than LCD screen faded away.

Question:
Did anybody else had similar experience?
Would it make any difference is the transducer is mounted
through the hull?
Any alternative make that is more reliable, if mounted inside
the hull?

Thanks
ayosha