Boating All Out Boating All Out is offline

Default Seller of Sandy Hook Firearms Loses License

In article ,
says...

On 4/5/13 3:12 PM, Eisboch wrote:

"F.O.A.D." wrote in message

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) has pulled
the firearms license from a gun store in East Windsor, Connecticut, that
sold the gun used in the Newton, Connecticut massacre that killed 26
people, including 20 children, at Sandy Hook Elementary School,
according to a Thursday report in The Journal News.

David LaGuercia, owner of Riverview Gun Sales, had his licence revoked
on Dec. 20, and the 60-day timeframe to appeal the decision has now
expired.

- - - -

Wish the rationale for doing this was available.

It should come out at some point. The ATF revoked his license within a
week of the Sandy Hook tragedy yet that information is just being made
public now?

The ATF has been under-staffed and without a permanent director for 6
years. Could it be that lack of regular dealer inspections and
enforcement of existing laws contributed to these events?

I thought the guns from the Sandy Hook massacre were bought by the
shooter's mom, and that she had a clear record. If she did, I don't
understand why his license was revoked.

Eisboch just explained it. If regular ATF dealer inspections took place
and laws were enforced, probably at least half of these "legal" gun
dealers would be shut down.
There are no real gun laws in the U.S. if existing laws aren't enforced.
Many are written to be unenforcible.
And all the Fed laws were basically written by the NRA.
Gun laws are a joke, the ATF powers to regulate "legal" gun dealers is a
joke, and the NRA and gun dealers laugh their way to the bank.
Hell, the NRA even opposes laws requiring you report your gun was
stolen.
Maybe the NRA wrote a law that the prevents public disclosure of why a
dealer has his license revoked. Wouldn't surprise me a bit.
Maybe the ATF found that if they did inspections this Sandy Hook dealer
would have been shut down years ago, so they are covering their own
asses as to their ineffectiveness.
Might take a FOIA action to get the reason.
Any time you hear somebody say "just enforce existing laws" regarding
guns, laugh. Because you were told a joke.
This covers some of it.
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...f-gun-laws-nra