Keith Lewis

Default How much power is in a 100ah battery

In message , taz
writes
Agreed

Cells are extremely variable and the ones on retail sale tend to give
good ones a bad name. Many are in "D" size cases but are only around
1200 mAH as opposed to an average of 4000 mAH for those available to
OEM's

We've been manufacturing NiCd powered lighting for over 20 years and
have been giving a 3 year guarantee for that time. We do however fit
rather good ones:-)
--
Keith Lewis

If I need NiCad cells now I use the ones that power
emergency lights. They come pre-made into batteries
and do seem to be of higher quality.
taz.

They tend to be "high temperature" versions (gets warm in emergency
lighting luminaires) so separator design has to be good. Dendritic
crystal growth through separators is the usual failure mode of Nicd's

--
Keith Lewis