Floyd I Johnson

Default NiCAD Memory Effect

,
Seems to confirm the concept of "memory", it's just that the culprit is

the
charge profile, not the discharge portion. And that means that dumb
"trickle" chargers are really cell killers; we need to use smart chargers
exclusively.

I wonder if NiMH chemistry shows the same effect?

I have a laptop that I left connected to the charger all the time, and after
about a year the battery capacity dropped to about 2 minutes run time. I
think it has the lithium ion battery. I would have thought that with a $160
battery they would have designed a charger with a tiny trickle, but maybe
not.