Urin Asshole Urin Asshole is offline

Default Why we can't have good things

On Fri, 29 Mar 2013 14:54:06 -0400, wrote:

On Fri, 29 Mar 2013 10:28:02 -0700, Urin Asshole
wrote:

On Fri, 29 Mar 2013 13:19:05 -0400,
wrote:

Maybe they think that is when SS goes broke. Damifino

I thougth you keep saying that SS IS broke? Which is it?
Damdifyouknow. Exactly.

They are currently running a $66 billion dollar deficit and we are
borrowing money to cover it. Medicare is in even worse shape. My
reference to "going broke" was when the government simply says they
can't pay all of the benefits.

As I've said and as the facts indicate, SS will pay 100% of the
benefits for another 25 years, and it will pay 85-95% thereafter for
perpetuity without any fix at all. It's a minor problem.

Medicare is in worse shape, but not catastrophically so... and again,
it will be decades before it becomes so. A fix is indicated, but not
on the backs of middle and lower income.

http://www.nasi.org/learn/medicare/financial-problems

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3130421