F.O.A.D. F.O.A.D. is offline

Default Yet Another U.S. Navy Screw Up...Boating Related

JustWaitAFrekinMinute wrote:
On 3/28/2013 7:55 PM, BAR wrote:
In article , says...

"HankĀ©" wrote in message
eb.com...

On 3/28/2013 5:23 PM, F.O.A.D. wrote:

Ships Costing U.S. $37 Billion Lack Firepower, Navy Told
By David Lerman - Mar 28, 2013

It's our money being wasted. Why are you gloating?

I read an article about the cost overruns on these ships a month or so
ago. It bothered me that the two versions are being built by
companies owned (in one case) by a foreign country (Italy) and the
other as a joint venture or something with a company in Australia.

Why aren't American warships built by Americans?

We may not have the capacity to build the ships.

Maybe they just don't want to have to **** with unions crybabies and waste?

You couldn't qualify for a job picking up trash at a shipyard.