Urin Asshole Urin Asshole is offline

Default Brewing economic scandal

On Mon, 25 Mar 2013 19:35:17 -0400, wrote:

On Mon, 25 Mar 2013 15:40:10 -0400, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

On 3/25/13 1:20 PM,
wrote:

The smaller operations are usually SPs and they don't have much in the
way of benefits. I am sure it is the same way up there. I know when I
put on an addition in the mid 70s (Clinton Md), the concrete/masonry
contractor was a family business and the guy who ran my gutters was a
one man show. I did the rest myself. My nieces hubby worked for Ryan
Homes a while and he did not get any benefits but the operating
engineers covered him.

Basically, we are devolving into a pensionless, healthcareless society
of day workers. A 401k is not a defined benefit pension plan.

I think the demographics of the baby boomers is threatening all of the
pension plans, including SS.

"Threatening" isn't the right word. I suppose the solution is to just
cut us all off? I still haven't seen one ****ing honest proposal from
the right to fix whatever problems there are.

I am still wondering what happens to the equities market when the
boomers cash out their 401k and we really start seeing pressure on the
defined benefit pension plans? That is money leaving the market and
will not return/

The sky isn't falling chicken little.