Bob

Default USCG and HF SSB, cannot count on being heard?

On Sun, 06 Jun 2004 03:58:15 -0000, Larry W4CSC
wrote:

(BOEING377) wrote in
:

"No
answer to calls to USCG on 2182, 4125 etc."

Did you use the CG's CB "handle" (i.e. "Group Charleston") or their
callsign when you called them? I had a problem here with watchstanders not
knowing what the station callsign of CG Group Charleston was so they
wouldn't answer my calls from the 2nd marina in full view of their antenna.
As soon as I called "Group Charleston" on 2182 he came right up. (I
informed him what his station callsign was after a short discussion of
radio protocol in an international environment.)

Larry WDB6254

generally the 'stations' wait to see if 'activities' will pick up the
call. if activities does not, the station hearing someone calling
'coast guard' will respond on the 2nd or 3rd call.

bob/wf3h

to see who "wf3h" is, go to "qrz.com"
and enter 'wf3h' in the field