True North[_2_] True North[_2_] is offline

Default Howdy...

On Sunday, March 24, 2013 5:58:01 PM UTC-3, F.O.A.D. wrote:
On 3/24/13 4:51 PM, J Herring wrote:

On Sun, 24 Mar 2013 15:53:37 -0400, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

On 3/24/13 2:44 PM, J Herring wrote:

Does lightweight alloy mean polymer? This is off the Bander Mountain site:

No, John, a lightweight or even a heavyweight alloy does *not* mean

polymer.

Wasn't chemistry part of your liberal arts education?

Good grief.

I didn't think so. Therefore the frame isn't polymer.

I never field stripped the gun model you bought, so I don't know in your

case, but it is possible for the frame to be polymer, with metal

inserts. Glocks have a polymer frame with metal inserts.

For a guy who spent so much time in the army, and, as an officer, you

sure don't know much about firearms.

Remember that old Phil Silvers comedy show where he was in the army?
Johnny would have been at home in that unit.