J Herring J Herring is offline

Default Speaking of polymer ...

On Sun, 24 Mar 2013 16:13:54 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

I had looked at a S&W BG 380 "Bodyguard" at my favorite gun shop a
couple of weeks ago. It's small - classified as a "pocket" pistol -
and has a polymer body. I had heard and read some good reviews but
at the time I decided that it was just *too* small for my hand.

But then I tried one at the range. A friend had purchased one as his
primary "carry" gun. I was really surprised at how comfortable it
was to shoot and, for a very lightweight pistol shooting 380 rounds,
the recoil was far less than what I expected.

So, I got one. It's ideal as a concealed carry if you are into that.
Really don't need a holster. Just stick it in your pants pocket and
after a while you forget it's even there. I like the fact that the
trigger is not exposed, so it can't catch on anything. The trigger
pull is long which takes some getting used to but again I see that as
an additional safety factor for a pistol you can carry in your pocket.
Has a safety and a built-in laser. I like it. My Walther feels
like a lead weight compared to it.

I was going to check out the Ruger LCP .380 as well but thanks to our
goofy and often conflicting governing agencies in this state, it is
not MA compliant.
I think they put the serial number in an offending place or something.

The Sig 250 is a bit bigger than the Bodyguard and weighs about twice as much. It's called a
subcompact, but the barrel length is almost a full inch longer than the one on the Bodyguard. The
metal frame probably accounts for most of the weight difference. Except for one, the reviews I've
read have been pretty good. Of course, the 'one' was right here in rec.boats!

The trigger pull on the P250 is also pretty long, as it's double action only. The safety is a
trigger safety, but I don't see myself carrying the thing with a round in the chamber. But, who
knows.

Actually, the big pusher for a smaller pistol was my wife, who liked the size of her sister's
Walther PK380.

Salmonbait

--
'Name-calling'...the liberals' last resort.