Jack Painter

Default SSB Antenna connection

"Larry W4CSC" wrote

Actually, in a plastic boat, the radiation from the ground strap is useful
radiation. You've just moved the FEEDPOINT up the radiating element above
the sea. My feedpoint is about 4.8' above ground on Lionheart. It's
signal strength 5, readability 8 in Moscow, Belarus, UAE, Japan, Brazil,
most of Western Europe on 40 meters and 20 meters. Works pretty good!

Larry, we've probably had the details of this antenna system in pieces
across various posts, but would you mind putting in one place here? Sounds
like an intersting and well thought out setup.

Thanks,

Jack