Leanne

Default Ham Radio Licenses

"Larry W4CSC" wrote in message
"Doug" wrote in
hlink.net:

Larry, since you brought up the NNNN at the end of a TTY message, I
must point out it served an autostop function on TTY machines such as
the Model 28 (I admit to being a model 12, 14, 15, 19, 28 TTYer years
ago) that were equipped with a "stunt box".
Do you recall what ZCZCZRJ did?

My mom got ****ed and threw me and my Model 15 out into the garage, back

in
the early 60's. Something about teletype noise keeping her from sleeping
at 2AM.....??? I never could afford a Model 28 until much later. By

then,
I was running a Micrologic into a TV. Remember them?...(c;

Larry, I was cleaning the garage and found a UGC-20, TT-192A, and a TT-187
under the bottom of a pile right next to a model 33-ASR. It seems like our
garage was the local repository for TTY gear. At one time we had an SB-1210
capable of running 6 loops off one supply. We had 4 loops with a tty demod
on each and then a wide section of equipment that could be patched in. AND
then came computers.............

Leanne