Larry W4CSC

Default Ham Radio Licenses

"Vito" wrote in
:

"Larry W4CSC" wrote
ARRL wants code dropped? My, my that IS a switch. ARRL has always
wanted to take ham radio back to 1935 any time I've seen them. ....

Like any org, ARRL is people. Uncle Sam made a lot of people learn 20+
wpm Morse before and during WW2 and so many of them became hams that
they controlled ARRL and set policies for their own benefit - policies
that used Morse proficiency to keep others out. But, as more and more
of them retire or go SK things change. New blood understands that the
more active hams join ARRL the more CQ magazines get sold.

I know. I waited 20 years for them to die off so I wouldn't have to learn
20 wpm....(c;

I won.

Larry W4CSC aka KN4IM aka WB4THE aka WN2IWH

I riled an ARRL bureaucrat from HQ at a hamfest a few years back. Man he
was mad. He threatened to have my ham license revoked. I told him when
the damned ARRL could cause my ham license to be revoked, I'd deliver my
ham license to the FCC, personally, at FCC HQ in Washington. Until that
time, ARRL could KISS MY ASS.....

I'm still licensed....