J Herring J Herring is offline

Default An amazing beaver experience...

On Mon, 18 Mar 2013 13:16:25 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

"F.O.A.D." wrote in message
om...

You, of course, would be the schmuck with the sword.

http://tinyurl.com/b4tg2gd

That scene always cracks me up.

I have a musician type friend who reminds me a lot of jps in terms of
his attitudes about guns.
In short, he favors banning them completely. He is in his mid 40's
and has never held or fired a handgun or rifle in his life. Very
much a left-wing liberal, but a good guy and we get along fine. He's
one of those sensitive singer/songwriter type and also repairs
amplifiers at the
guitar shop in a workspace we set up for him.

Another friend of mine (the one who took over the guitar shop) and I
often tease our mutual anti-gun friend. We hung targets perforated
with bullet holes from our last visit to the range over his work bench
just to see him go off on his anti-gun routine. I brought one of my
handguns to the shop one day to show the friend I shoot with and I
thought our liberal singer/songwriter was going to **** a brick.

Anyway, we've convinced him to accompany us this afternoon to the
firing range as a guest. We are going to start him out with my .22
revolver and then walk him up in size to the Walther PPK/S, to my
friend's 9mm S&W and then finally to his S&W 1911 series E .45 cal.

Should be interesting.

He probably won't like the .45. Just let me know, and I'll give you the name of a local FFL guy you
can ship it to. Hell, I'll even pay the postage!

Salmonbait

--
'Name-calling'...the liberals' last resort.