Doug Dotson

Default Ham Radio Licenses

Just a cop-out. I suspect that folks learn alot more useless
(and incorrect) things in school than having to learn the code.
The requirement is there, deal with it! Whining isn't going
to make the requirement go away nor will it get a license.

Doug, k3qt
s/v Callista

"Vito" wrote in message
I beg to disagree. Every complaint I have heard focuses on the fact that
Morse Code is so obsolete that it has no practical value, not on its
difficulty per se. People who have spent 12 years attending high school

then
four and more in college learning useful things are reluctant to spend

even
a dozen hours learning something ase useless (to them) as Morse Code.

"Doug Dotson" wrote
..... My experience has been that most that cry foul about learnig code

do
so because
they failed to learn it after two or three evenings of trying. It takes

work, some more than others.