Dennis Gibbons

Default Pactor IIe terminal software?

Steve,
Just a reminder of what I said when I sold you the unit. You don't need to
program anything with the software. Just download and install Sailmail. It
has it's own terminal emulation program imbedded in it. Don't reinvent the
wheel.

--
Dennis Gibbons
dkgibbons at optonline dot net
"Mark Reichow" wrote in message
om...
Steve, You can completely control the freqs on your radio with the
Airmail program using an OPC-478 cable from Icom (or a clone of it), a
$3 stereo to mono adapter from Radio Shack, and a USB to serial
adapter to get another serial port. Icom now makes a OPC-478U that is
a direct USB pug-in, bypassing the serial port. The Airmail program
covers all this for the Icom 706 in their help section.

Mark
S/V Shooting Star