J Herring J Herring is offline

Default Good Christian Upbringing

On Wed, 13 Mar 2013 17:07:00 -0400, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

On 3/13/13 5:04 PM, J Herring wrote:
On Wed, 13 Mar 2013 15:33:55 -0400, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

On 3/13/13 3:31 PM, J Herring wrote:
On Wed, 13 Mar 2013 13:41:09 -0400, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

On 3/13/13 1:26 PM, J Herring wrote:
On Wed, 13 Mar 2013 10:21:26 -0700, jps wrote:

On Wed, 13 Mar 2013 12:43:46 -0400, J Herring
wrote:

On Wed, 13 Mar 2013 09:07:37 -0700, jps wrote:

A 14-year-old student at a Christian academy in Washington state has
been charged with attempted murder for allegedly shooting both of his

Thank God Muslims, Jews, and Secular Progressive Liberals never engage in such behavior!

Salmonbait

Attending a religiious school, you'd expect that experience and the
religious following of his parents to impart some basic values.

This kid hadn't developed enough sense to understand that killing his
parents would not lead to more freedom and time on his xbox.

He'll have time alright, not so much freedom.

And WTF is up with being able to pry the gun storage open?

And from where do those without the benefit of a religious upbringing acquire their basic values?

(Be careful now. You're about to step in it.)

Salmonbait

--
Hope you're having a spectacular day!

From their parents, of course. Apparently yours were absent.

I had a strong "religious" upbringing and I had parents with strong
basic values. Too bad you didn't.

Exactly. So the religious aspect of jps' post was simply a little slam at religion. Totally
unnecessary. I'm glad you had the parents with strong basic values. Actually, my parents, like
yours, had strong basic values. I was just much less able to practice them as well as you.

Salmonbait

--
Hope you're having a spectacular day!

It's not apparent you practice them at all and, oh, by the way, your
church just elected a pope who doesn't share your values. The new pope,
Bergoglio, is known for personal humility, doctrinal conservatism and a
commitment to social justice. A simple lifestyle has contributed to his
reputation for humility. He lives in a small apartment, rather than in
the palatial bishop's residence. He gave up his chauffeured limousine in
favor of public transportation, and he reportedly cooks his own meals.

Not a guy who thinks much of Mitt Romney or the GOP.

Well, you know what they say, "Appearances are deceiving." I'm thrilled that you think so highly of
the new Pope. Actually, he and I have a lot in common. We share doctrinal conservatism
(anti-abortion, etc.), definitely believe in a simple lifestyle (can't afford any other!), hold
social justice in high regard, don't live in a McMansion, don't have any limousine, let alone a
chauffeur, and we both cook our own meals! He's spectacular.

Has he already discussed his politics?

Salmonbait

--
Hope you're having a spectacular day!

It's perfectly OK with me if the new pope is anti-abortion, so long as
he and his church don't try to shove that belief on our non-religious
society and country. I think you are either lying about your feelings
about social justice, or have a complete different definition in mind
than the usual one.

I try hard not to lie. I think the Pope probably believes that a baby's life is precious, and
therefore abortion is wrong. Hopefully he'll spread the word about how precious is the life of a
baby.

Salmonbait

--
Hope you're having a spectacular day!