Bruce in Alaska

Default SSB Antenna connection

In article SR2tc.76990$pJ1.75446@lakeread02,
"Jack Painter" wrote:

1. RF feedline from ATU to antenna.

This should be coaxial cable with dialectric and shielding designed for RF.
Never improvise with something such as spark plug wires.

Bzzzt, Wrong answer, would you like to try for what's behind Door No. 3??

Coaxial Cable is the WRONG Stuff to be feeding and EndFeed Longwire
Antennas with, even should you not ground the shield, which would be
disasterous in any case.
What is needed is good old GTO15, which like others have
plainly stated, High Voltage - Super High Isulation Wire. In a pinch
I have used the Center Insulation and Feedwire from RG8 or similar
coax with the shiled and jacket stripped off, but this is still not as
good as GTO15.
Yes there are a bunch of Installers who ran around using Hardline
to feed USCG MF/HF SunAirs Antenna Systems from their AutoTuners a few
years back, but the folks who had to maintain those systems 24/7 up
here in alaska, ripped all that **** out and replaced it with
conventional PhospherBronze Antenna Wire with insulators, when it was
determined that the original installations were STONED DEAF compared to
a one transistor radio.
How do I know this you ask? I was the FCC Resident Field Agent
for Southeastern Alaska, and watched it all happen.

Bruce in alaska
--
add a 2 before @