Eisboch[_8_] Eisboch[_8_] is offline

Default Good Christian Upbringing

"jps" wrote in message

Sorry, morals come from observing your parents in action and how they
react to their child's behavior.

Yesterday, while in line at the supermarket, I was watching the antics
of a kid and his father who were checking out ahead of me.
I'd say the kid was about 8 or 9 years old and the father appeared to
be in his mid 30's.

The kid was a wise-assed brat. He was climbing up on the carts,
ignoring his father's gentle pleading to get down. In defiance the
brat climbed higher on the cart, glared at the father and said, "I
don't like you, and you can't tell me what to do".

The father continued to gently debate with the little brat, softly
asking him to get down. The kid refused. Finally the father bribed
the little brat with a promise to allow him to watch something on TV
when they got home.

The cashier was an older person (like me) in her 60's. We both stood
there in amazement watching the modern father negotiate with his
little brat.

My wife and I raised two boys and a girl. I disciplined the boys.
Mrs. E. took care of the daughter, mainly because the daughter scared
the bananas out of me. If either or both of the boys had ever acted
like the brat I witnessed in the store, they wouldn't be watching TV
sitting down for a while.
Of course, now-a-days, I'd probably go to jail.