posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising
Wayne B Wayne B is offline

Default Silver Shalis - a Mega Yacht With an Interesting Story

On Tue, 12 Mar 2013 18:09:45 -0700, "Paul Hovnanian P.E."
wrote:

Wayne B wrote:

[snip]

Silverstein was involved in a major insurance dispute after the 9/11
World Trade Center attack. His insurance company claimed that the
attack counted as one insurable incident. Silverstein counter
claimed that it was actually two incidents. Don't remember how that
turned out - I'll leave it as a homework exercise.

I don't understand each parties motivation. One incident, one deductible.
Two incidents, two deductibles.

====

I believe it was more complicated than that, something like the
insurance policy having a cap on how much would be paid per incident.
There was around a billion plus dollars at stake if my memory is
correct.