Doug

Default Auto Direction Finder

It works great and I agree, a scanner is better than using your VHF radio.
Customers we have sold them to don't like the DF scan (antenna switching)
tone in the audio. It must be there to give the DF unit a bearing reference.
Basically you have two antennas to the VHF radio, the Adcock array for DFing
or the regular VHF communications antenna. The external audio jack is fed
back to the DF unit. For normal comms you use the regular antenna and for
DFing you use the Adcock DF antenna. If you are DFing a lot, get a scanner
and dedicate it the Sitek. And let VHF comms unit function unmodified.
73 Doug K7ABX

"BOEING377" wrote in message

Anybody use a SiTex 525 VHF/ADF Adapter?
I'm considering buying one but don't understand how it can work using

only
my existing VHF antenna and can't afford to buy something that is

marginal
at best.
I've been on boats with a Polaris (spelling?) but they're hard to find.

The Sitex set works great. All you need is audio from a scanner (more
frequency selection than a marine VHF), hook up you antenna as in the
instruction manual and it will ADF just fine. This type of pseudo Doppler

ADF
works best in the open ocean where it is VERY accurate. If you are near

things
that can reflect signals (mountains, buildings etc) expect some errors.