William G. Andersen

Default Auto Direction Finder

Thanks to both of you for the information. Now, how do I explain yet another
$500 worth of boating toys to my wife (the family financier)?...

"Jerry" wrote in message
I think that if you check closer you will find that the 525 uses an
Eight-element Adcock DF antenna in addition to your existing VHF antenna.

have one and have found it to be reliable and accurate withing the

published
specs: +/- 10 degrees. This system does introduce a buzzing sound into

your
audio that you may or may not find annoying. In an area with a lot of

radio
chatter going on, the buzz gets on my nerves and I will frequently turn

the
ADF off. Normally I keep it on.

"William G. Andersen" wrote in message
Anybody use a SiTex 525 VHF/ADF Adapter?
I'm considering buying one but don't understand how it can work using

only
my existing VHF antenna and can't afford to buy something that is

marginal
at best.
I've been on boats with a Polaris (spelling?) but they're hard to find.