Gordon Wedman

Default SSB Antenna connection

As has been mentioned on other posts, GTO15 is basically spark plug wire,
that is, high voltage wire. Looking at mine it seems to have a fairly thick
nylon jacket around the tinned wire core and then a thinner black plastic
outer sheath. I would think you could use high quality spark plug wire,
something with the equivalent of 16 or 22 gauge tinned wire core surrounded
by silicone insulation.
Don't know the answer to your second question.

"Steve (another one)" wrote in message
Dear Folks,

What is the recommended wire to connect my insulated backstay to my
AT-120 tuner ? I see references to GTO15 for this purpose in American
publications, but no-one here in the UK seems to know what GTO15 is.
Could someone please suggest an equivalent, or at least a description !

Also if the ground connection has to be broad copper strip because RF
won't run down a wire like a conventional dc current, how can the
antenna be wire ? Doesn't RF have to run along the cable to the base of
the antenna and then up the antenna wire itself ? I'm confused !

Thanks for your help.

Steve