terry markovich

Default epirb testing

Sorry I am late replying, but yes, it tests ALL protocols including MMSI.
It has a built in dummy load for a direct connection.

I suppose that the people interested in this product would be shops that
work on commercial vessels, since SOLAS reg IV/15.9 requires annual
verification of the 406 mhz beacon ID.

I do not really know the marine market though, I have approached a few
marine electronic distributors and they had no interest. I am not sure
how the shops that would need this get their test equipment.

Terry

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 17:54:33 +0000, Doug wrote:

What kind of test does it perform? Does it read MMSI? Does it have any
kind of dummy load for bench servicing of EPIRBs?

Doug K7ABX

"terry markovich" wrote in message
news
I have developed a 406mhz epirb tester, currently for the aviation elt
market. I am curious about the demand in the marine market?

Terry