F330 GT

Default gas tank question

We were talking about, and the thread is based upon, the notion of portable
fuel tanks.

John,

I agree. And I said that if it's feasible it should be done. It was also
brought up that "red" tanks are considered portable and "grey'" tanks are for
"built in" use. Mine is a "red" tank that is built to be removed from the boat.
In fact I use it for both of my boats when going to the Bahamas. It's still
considered a portable tank.

And further, a 12 gallon tank full weighs 100lbs plus the weight of the tank.
Is that portable or not? If you want to remove it from your boat before filling
it, fine. Show me where the law requires it, please.

If you can't fill a portable gas tank without spilling it all over your boat,
maybe you shouldn't be boating.

Barry