Sir Gregory Hall, Esq· Sir Gregory Hall, Esq· is offline

Default Poor Captain Skippy - his boat might never sail again.

"Flying Pig" wrote in message
Bwahahaha!

tinyurl.com/FlyingPigSpot

Top 12.7, average 8.7 BOAT (through the water) knots, held down by a wait
for a bridge on the way out...

More in the log to come, but all that work on the bottom paid off in spades.
It was getting, toward the end, when the wind dropped to 10 and we had a
counter-current of a couple of knots, that we griped about "only" making 7+
SOG with mid-8s to 10+ BOAT...

No, the engine wasn't running until the turn into the channel. Boy, does
she SAIL!

Skippy, you don't seem to have a clue about apparent wind. If the wind
from the south dropped to to ten knots and you were heading north at
8 knots then your apparent wind would only be two knots from astern.

A two-knot wind from astern can't possibly push you along at 8 knots.
You must have had one hell of a favorable current. :-)

But, I'm happy you're happy with the results of your bottom job. I
sure hope you take full advantage of it in the next six months because
that is about all the time you have before large blisters start popping
up again.

--
Sir Gregory