none

Default need inexpensive marine ssb and ham radio for cruising sailboat.

On Sun, 9 May 2004 01:13:45 -0400, Jack Painter snip...
Maybe it's helpful to you to get an answer to that question, but I
think you're attitude is likely to cost someone's life, probably your

own. If you really think getting a "cheap reliable rig" as you are
now "rapidly runningsnippppppp
Sincerely,
Jack Painter USCG Auxiliary Virginia Beach, Va

and from the well meaning but well worn "pay more feel better" crowd we
have heard..up with which we shall not put, Just remember Eric...not
everybody even has a long distance radio and people have gone around with
less equipment and more knowledge yrs ago and even today. Oftimes the
'newer bester equipment' crowd attempts to make up for sound knowledge
with more gear. We know all about the Mercedes Volvo and top heavy SUV
moms blasting down the road with 'safe' vehicles and not a clue about
skid control ...my analogue is apt.......to get me flamed
Rick