Eisboch[_8_] Eisboch[_8_] is offline

Default Um..

"JustWaitAFrekinMinute" wrote in message

I apologize to Dick for suggesting he "looks down his nose" or forgot
where he came from.... you have done a lot for us, I should have kept
my
mouth shut, I know how much you do for a lot of folks.

That being said, the fact that trusted folks who had the opportunity
find out from a trusted contact what set me off so badly, are not even
interested, and the double standard I am being held to compared to jps
or harry has been a real eye opener. I seriously never realized that
not
only are there folks who have to look at a car wreck, there are folks
who actually go out looking for them for fun, but seem numb to the
damage they are enabling... Still processing that one..

I will continue to watch you all play with your muse.. jps, don, harry
and the rest as they play and fight, I just won't be in that group for
you anymore. At the same time new point of view as to why you all are
here makes you the players on the stage, so now you may end up my
muse,
or at least my new study... bye for now.

Scott, for what it's worth, here's how I consider exchanges on a
public forum like a newsgroup. Facebook or any other internet based
forum:

Any personal information you provide, any problems you may have that
you express, any opinions any statement you make .... is preserved for
eternity for all to read.

So, it's prudent to be very careful about what you type and to think
it through before hitting the "send" button. Sometimes you get
caught up in lively exchanges and forget what the ramifications are
when you hit "send". I've done it .... I am sure everyone has from
time to time. Personally, I've probably cancelled half the posts I've
drafted before hitting "send" that were in response to something
somebody said that got under my skin. What's the point? You are
arguing with someone who you likely would not recognize if they shared
a cab with you.

I think rec.boats is a perfect example of the slippery slope nature of
personal information exchanges. Healthy, civil debate is fine, but
when someone can't express an opinion without being called an asshole,
stupid or other myriad derogatory expressions just to try to gain
credibility for an opposing point of view is really adolescent in
nature and it solves nothing. It's a faceless exchange with someone.
My rule of thumb is this: I don't say anything to anyone in this
newsgroup that I wouldn't say to their face, in person.

There will always be a few that simply can't control themselves.
There's a couple here that I simply ignore. Not worth the time and
effort to respond.
But most people here can carry on a reasonably civil discussion if all
the name calling and chest puffing were dropped.