John F. Hughes

Default SSB Antenna theory

On 2004-05-06, Gary Schafer wrote:

Uh...I read the originals. No equations, no definitions, and
the websites pointed to had the same sort of blather.

I suppose it seems so when you have little understanding on the
subject and have a closed mind to such.

Nah. I think that it's pretty clear that the original posts had no
equations. I happen to think that mathematics is the language of
science, and so when words get vague and ambiguous, I ask for
mathematics. That's just my idiosyncracy.

In simple terms, any time you have a voltage applied to something that
does not conduct infinite current that something is said to have
resistance.

Ah. Now I can throw away my copy of Horowitz and Hill.

[description of website vs. E&M book by Purcell]

I see you are trying hard to sneak in some of your credentials without
trying to make it obvious but you have failed. Are they imaginary or
real?

Nah. I don't have any credentials here. Just an interest in
science. *Purcell* has credentials. I'm just a guy who likes
equations. You apparently don't. That's OK. We'll go about
understanding phenomena differently. It's a big world.

I have no idea whether you're right, Larry's right, or both
are wrong about loaded antennas. But I do know that you're
the wrong person for me to try to learn from, because you
aren't willing to write definitions or equations, and those
are what I use to understand science.

Fortunately, there are other sources of information out
there...

-John