Richard[_4_] Richard[_4_] is offline

Default Ahoy Flying Pig!

On 2/22/2013 8:06 PM, Flying Pig wrote:
wrote in message
m...
Hi Skip,

Haven't heard from you in quite a while now.
How are you guys doing?

Whazappening?

We're well and healthy; waiting for the next weather window.

Not quite ready for the next log yet, but short story has a daysail from
FtPierce to Lake Worth and then to FLL, each. Breakdowns in all locations
caused waiting; all is now well but not weather yet; maybe Tuesday to move
south - Cap'n Neal, are you listening? All afternoon ashore today, most of
tomorrow, too, exploring. Leisurely cruise in the dink up the New River
yesterday, gawking.

More later, but aside from all the stuff which breaks, which is the point of
this shakedown, we're thrilled with our refit (none of the breaking stuff
was touched in our refit).

L8R

Skip

Glad to hear it, Skip.

That's what I've always heard cruising was like -
fixing stuff in exotic locations.

We've had a few interesting changes.
Dorothy hired on to a good job with a big hospital,
and immediately proposed to me!
I accepted. (no big surprise there)
So we bought a house and moves our boat done closer.
The down side it that we are now sailing a much smaller
puddle on the outskirts of Dallas.
I've been down to Kemah a few times crewing on other
people's boats. But we've yet to go it on our own.
Still hopeful though.
Get the kids through college, then sell out and run away?
It could happen...

Please offer Lydia our regards.

Richard and Dorothy
Temptress