Steve

Default Wind generators

I realize that Windbugger is a US based unit, however I am extremely happy
with mine. This is my second season of living aboard with wind and solar
power.

Last night it was charging between 15-20 amps in gusts of 25 knots. Normally
it charges around 5-10 in just the moderate breeze in my anchorage.

I can just barely hear the 'swish' of the 3 blade prop. Hardly noticeable
until it reaches higher RPM, went the overspeed break starts regulating.
Nothing objectionable, just a reminder that the wind is over 25-30 knots.

I have been maintaining an 800 amp/hr battery bank with the wind gen as
primary source and two 55 watt solar panels.

My electrical load is presently, 2000watt inverter (for micro wave, toaster
oven, tools, etc), 12 vdc frig., TV, VCR and lighting.

Anyway, if you have chance to pick up a used WindBugger, it would be well
worth considering.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions